How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position. The cover letter should summarize why you believe you are the right person for this job, describe your strengths and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the responsibilities of this job.
The CRM (customer relationship management) marketing manager is responsible for channel ownership and implementation of Michigan Medicine’s CRM and marketing automation communications to external audiences.
This individual will use Michigan Medicine’s CRM system to create and manage campaigns to audiences supporting all three areas of our mission – health research, education and patient care. The role will achieve results through compelling communications to influence stakeholders, steward relationships, support positive user experiences and connect with new audiences.
The CRM marketing manager will champion digital engagement initiatives, possess technical knowledge on CRM marketing platforms and provide counsel on best practices across the organization. Specifically, they will work closely with business stakeholders, IT team members, corporate communications, philanthropy/development communications, and service line marketing / brand team to deliver communications that align with the institutional priorities.
This role will report to the Director of Marketing in the Department of Communication, working in close collaboration with colleagues in Health Information Technology & Services.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Act as a subject matter expert and key point of contact for Michigan Medicine’s marketing CRM technology which includes marketing automation and email platforms.
- Contribute to and maintain a comprehensive CRM and email marketing strategy supporting organization goals.
- Own the distribution, quality assurance and performance of content sent through the CRM/email channel.
- Work in partnership with service line marketing managers, philanthropy/development communicators, unit communicators and corporate communications to design and implement trigger and nurture campaigns and deliver digital communications in support of customer experience and retention strategies.
- Establish the development of medical enterprise-wide management standards, policies and rules of engagement for email marketing.
- Conduct extensive testing of email contact strategy, delivery timing, creative elements and calls to action to build a knowledge base that drives future improvements. Use data to recommend and implement process enhancements.
- Contribute to and maintain customer segmentation protocols that leverage CRM strategies and support institutional priorities.
- Define key performance indicators and implement measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success of email marketing efforts, with support of market intelligence and web colleagues.
- Map constituent journeys based on response to communications channels and calls to action.
- Mentor and provide training to employees throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing and delivering email content.
- Build relationships with and support management of the CRM vendor and consultants.
- Serve as internal liaison with IT, procurement and consumer operations.
- Monitor and respond to email marketing best practices.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, technology, business or a related discipline.
- Minimum of three (2) years of experience with marketing CRM technologies and email platforms.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in marketing or communications.
- Demonstrated experience using data-driven approach to develop digital strategies,
- Experience interacting and making recommendations to colleagues and leadership.
- Expert knowledge of CRM marketing systems, including list management and segmentation strategy, email design/layout best practices, campaign creation and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques (e.g. sales funnel optimization).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- General knowledge of html.
- Health care industry experience and familiarity with HIPAA requirements and working with PHI preferred.
Full-time position with core business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our office is located at:
North Campus Administrative Complex, Suite 2400
2901 Hubbard Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
This job has the potential to be performed remotely several days a week if desired. High speed internet is a requirement for this position and its cost is the responsibility of the staff member. There may be occasions where the staff member may need to report to the business office location, including meetings, computer or technology requirements, or to complete work that is not possible to handle remotely. Computing resources including required software applications, VPN, desktop or laptop computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse, will be provided by the employer. Office equipment such as phone, desk, chair, and printer are not provided. Basic supplies such as paper and pens, are stocked at the business location and are available to remote staff for pick-up should they choose. Unless otherwise agreed in advance with your manager, additional hardware, software, printing, and cost of office supplies preferred by the staff member, are the responsibility of the employee.
The salary for this position will be based upon the selected candidates education and experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.