How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Greet and assist patients, visitors, and staff
- Monitor waiting area activity and assure a clean, organized, and safe environment
- Promote personal comfort and convenience of patients and families by routinely checking their needs
- Provide information regarding hospital and community services as needed.
- Process and compile patient paperwork for exams and clinical staff
- Answer incoming phone calls and triage to appropriate location
- Accurately record any phone messages and assure they are forwarded appropriately
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments
- Utilize paging system to contact appropriate staff as required
- Demonstrate ability to complete multiple tasks independently
- Identify and track reoccurring operational problems and participate in resolution
- Minimal patient scheduling
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service on a consistent basis
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, dependability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others
- Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and potentially stressful environment
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative, ability to prioritize, and ability to accept direction
- Ability to utilize proper grammar
- Excellent attendance record
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in customer service setting
- Ability to work well within a team setting
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence, EpicCare, and Radiant)
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Experience in a large, complex healthcare environment
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
Afternoon and Weekends.
UH B1 F226
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.