THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
Pay Rate is $15.00/hr
- Maintain clean and sanitized work area, including equipment, counters, and utensils, and using safe food handling procedures.
- Portion food items as requested by Chef Assistant or Manager, including the preparation of after-hours meals boxes.
- Assemble food items accurately on a patient tray according to printed tray ticket.
- Stock tray assembly line to ensure that food items are available as needed for patients, properly rotating products.
- Deliver patient meal trays according to departmental standards, including adhering to infection control guidelines and Joint Commission regulations.
- Operate a dishmachine and cart washer, including setting up and properly cleaning at end of shift, including using chemicals appropriately
- Wash silverware in dishmachine according to standard operating procedures
- Clean milkshake machine, juice machine and hot beverage machines
- Take temperatures and complete temperature logs every 4 hours or as required.
- Label and date food items according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform ongoing verbal communication between coworkers and at shift crossover.
- Be flexible with job tasks and job changes. This includes but is not limited to picking up additional duties when a coworker is absent.
- Ability to rotate stock using First In First Out method, including identifying and discarding expired products.
- Experience performing physical job tasks safely. This includes but is not limited to lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, reaching, standing (up to 8 hours), and pushing and pulling up to 35 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to read English with comprehension, listen effectively, speak and write clearly, and accurately follow written instructions, including job routines, tray tickets, recipe directions, and precautions on chemical product labels.
- Ability to perform excellent customer service; demonstrating respect for coworkers, working effectively on a team, as well as working independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to utilize resources responsibly, recognize and minimize food waste.
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace.
- Excellent attendance history.
Schedules may vary. Operational hours of 6:30 am - 9:30 pm.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.