Livonia Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility that offers primary care services to a diverse patient population. Our care team includes staff and physicians who are bilingual in Japanese, Spanish, and Korean. The clinic delivers care for children and adults, prenatal care, outpatient procedures, sports medicine, nutrition services, social services, and much more. The clinic also houses the Japanese Family Health Program which serves the Japanese community in the Metro Detroit area.
We are actively seeking compassionate, committed, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, staff, and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
1. Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
2. Describe why you chose a career in Health Care?
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide check-in and check-out support for all patients. Deliver exceptional customer service to patients and families in a fast-paced clinic environment. Responsibilities include: appointment and test scheduling, processing patient payments (co-pays and outstanding balances), obtaining medical records, forms distribution and mailings, maintaining business work queues, and inbasket management. Must be able to multi-task, adapt to change, protect patient’s privacy, contribute towards a safe and inclusive environment for both patients and employees.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
Associate Level: 2-3 years' experience
Assistant Level: 0-2 years' experience
- Experience working within a large, complex, outpatient healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of check-in, check-out practices, and outpatient scheduling.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine electronic medical records systems.
- Previous experience working with clinical staff (nurses, mid-level providers, and physicians).
- Working knowledge of cardiology/vascular/surgical terms, testing and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Experience in Primary Care
- Experience with Michigan Medicine’s EMR (electronic medical record) system
- Bilingual in Japanese/English, Korean/English, or Spanish/English (includes written and verbal communication)
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting
This position is located at the Livonia Health Center, 20321 Farmington Road Livonia, MI 48152. Hours of operation currently at the clinic are:
- Monday & Friday: 7:30am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday,Wednesday & Thursday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturday 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Standard work hours will be Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with Saturday and Evenings as assigned.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.