Math tutors work in the Math Learning Center (MLC) fulfilling the following responsibilities.
- Provide drop-in tutoring for math courses supported by the MLC in both in-person and virtual modalities
- Facilitate occasional 1-1 and group appointments for course assistance
- Proctor various types of course exams
- Help students sign in to the MLC
- Support students in accessing resources offered by the MLC and the university
- Attend training sessions related to academic success and best practices in math tutoring
- Promote the MLC at events and class visits
- Assist the MLC coordinator with projects and other administrative tasks.
The Math Learning Center at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is a program that offers assistance to students in mathematics courses up to MATH 228 Differential Equations. Tutors provide drop-in assistance to students in both in-person and virtual formats.
· Applicants must have completed up to MATH 114 Calc II for Biology & Life Sci or MATH 116 Calculus II with course grade in the high B/A range
· Applicants must have and are required to maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
· Completion of 200 level and above math courses with course grade in the high B/A range
· Completion of statistics courses with course grade in the high B/A range
· Prior tutoring or teaching experience
· Prior customer service experience
· Experience with video conferencing software
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background check. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.