How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Pharmacy is actively recruiting for an Auditor Associate who is able to analyze pharmacy dispensing records and patient medical records to ensure compliance with contracts and regulations, correct patient billing and appropriate pharmacy revenue capture.
For more information about the UMHS Department of Pharmacy Services, see our annual report at:
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Submit information to insurers in response to audit requests, both pharmacy benefit and Medicare Part B. Maintain database of submissions, and review responses for trends to share with outpatient pharmacy leadership.
- Perform monthly audits of outpatient dispensing information to ensure compliance with internal, insurance and CMS rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with outpatient pharmacy teams and other internal partners to create best practices.
- Review and disseminate dispensing data from various sources.
- Daily review of MiChart billing work queues for problems with specific medication charges.
- Creation of billing shells in MiChart for pharmacy charges to populate.
- Identify systemic problems that need correcting, working with internal and external teams as needed.
- Other job duties assigned as needed
?Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents
- Solid knowledge, understanding, and experience in business, pharmacy, finance or auditing.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to work well with teams.
- Must have effective organizational skills and flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong analytical techniques and computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office.
- Consistently striving to improve processes and meet internal/external deadlines
- Ability to independently make decisions for Pharmacy Administration Team
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting, pharmacy, billing, audit and/or compliance, preferably in a University or Health Care environment.
- Experience with spreadsheet applications and analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience working within Pharmacy is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Excel, Tableau, and pharmacy software systems
This is a full-time position; Monday through Friday, shift hours could have some minimal flexibility and potentially be changed based on the operational needs and/or work-life balance of personnel. As part of Michigan Medicine’s Flexible First Workplace initiative, this position has a potential opportunity for a hybrid (both onsite work and remotely) or remote work arrangement based on business needs of the unit.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.