The University of Michigan/Michigan Medicine has outstanding clinicians and researchers in diabetes, metabolic disorders, and their complications. The Elizabeth Weiser Caswell Diabetes Institute serves as the central hub to coordinate these programs. Our close-knit team of expert professionals works across disciplines and serves to integrate rigorous science with patient-centered clinical care to prevent, treat, and ultimately cure diabetes and related disorders.
We are looking for an Executive Administrative Assistant, this candidate will provide administrative support to this small team.
What You'll Do
Work with CDI Enrichment and Communications to support event planning - tasks include, but are not limited to, scheduling venues, catering, creating meeting material packets, reserving hotels, generating name tags, tracking registrations, communicating with attendees and on-site support.
- Partner with the CDI Finance Manager to process reimbursements, payments, and expense reports in a timely manner following all University of Michigan procurement policies, monitor expenses and provide support during budget planning and spending reviews.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and program support. Some of the daily tasks include, but are not limited to, managing calendars, coordinating complex meetings, including scheduling, creating agendas, preparing materials, and taking meeting minutes, ordering supplies and maintaining office equipment.
- Generate and maintain publications using Michigan Experts for all members of affiliated Centers. Ensure NIH public policy compliance for all publications.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- At least 4 years of senior administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with financial management
- Technology literacy skills with advanced proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio with the ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.
- Possessing a basic foundation in administrative and research concepts and practices sufficient to recommend changes in processes, to devise and install procedures, and to foresee administrative problems and requirements
Due to the COVID-19 climate, we are currently working remotely until advised. All team members of the Caswell Diabetes Institute will be expected to return to our base office located in Ann Arbor, MI as soon as authorized.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Flexible spending accounts
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Mental and emotional health programs
- Child Care Resources
- Life Insurance
- Legal Services Plan
- Retirement Savings Opportunities with company match
Another reason to Go Blue!
- Nationally Recognized for work/life effectiveness by WorldatWork
- Top 5 employer in Michigan by Crain’s Detroit Business
- Forbes #1 Best Employer in Michigan
- Ranked #11 in the US and best in Michigan “Best Hospitals” rankings for 2020-21
- Five medical specialties ranked in the nation’s top 10 and was ranked No. 1 in the state of Michigan.
- Michigan Medicine ranked #15 in Newsweek’s “World’s Best Hospitals” rankings
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.