Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
We provide the leadership and oversight for the suite of financial products and applications used to support the management reporting, planning, analytics and decision-making of the Michigan Medicine Finance Organization. In this role, you will lead the monthly financial reporting and change management efforts as well as ad hoc reporting and development projects. You will also support the technical implementation of the annual budget process working in partnership with the members of Central Finance.
You will work closely with key stakeholders to understand operational, analytics and reporting requirements and translate those into technical solutions. Ideal candidates are adaptable and willing to tackle a variety of tasks to improve operational efficiency of our technology stack and datasets, functioning with a high degree of independence and minimal day-to-day supervision to deliver projects in a timely and effective manner.
This job might be right for you if…
• Solving business analytics needs with technology sounds exciting
• Want to work in a collaborative environment and experience the value of working within a strong team
• You love problem solving and making new discoveries
• You thrive in dynamic working environments
• Working in ambiguity and crafting business solutions that are novel to the organization sounds stimulating
• You pay very close attention to detail
• You can thrive while working in both team and individual settings
• You are adaptable to changing conditions and you maintain a high level of focus/energy
• You feel confident offering support and expressing ideas to leadership
What Perks and Benefits Can We Offer?
• 2:1 match on retirement savings
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Short and long term disability plans
• Tremendous team support and professional development
• Flexible work from home scheduling during pandemic
- Ensure data quality and consistency throughout our production applications (Oracle Cloud EPM, Essbase and OBIEE/OAC).
- • Lead monthly and annual change management efforts by partnering with requestors to maintain all hierarchies, statistics and metrics in all applications. Coordinating with the requester to complete required documentation.
- • Analyze request for adherence to our “one version of the truth” philosophy, as well as impact to application and technical processes.
- • Implement changes in QA environment, test and migrate changes to production
- • Communicate monthly and annual changes to requestor and stakeholders
- • Tie out financial systems back to PeopleSoft (source system) and other source systems monthly in QA and production environments for all applications
- • Work with technical team on monthly and annual tie out processing and implement new processes to improve efficiency and accuracy
- • Strive to enhance change management processing, by ‘thinking outside the box’
- • Understand the impact of the requested change on business and technical processes, and ensure that key stakeholders have been informed and in agreement
- • Review hierarchy changes, noting affected application and dependencies
- • Work with application programmers on implementation of application changes
- • Assist and educate Oracle Cloud EPM, Essbase and OBIEE/OAC end-users to improve consumption and manipulation of data
- • Define new process and procedures, creating documentation and implementation process
- • Work with Strategic Development Team to integrate new processes/solutions into standard production processes.
- • Define system documentation and training
- • Provide oversight and general direction to Finance users on special projects
- • Report and Query Building for internal and external customers using tools such as Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle OBIEE, Hyperion Financial Reporting and Tableau
- • Support upgrades and special projects within Financial Systems as well as Michigan Medicine Finance
- • Support compliance efforts across organization
- Bachelors degree
- Must have at least 2 years of experience
- Financial Systems Analyst Intermediate: 2-4 years of experience
- Financial Systems Analyst Senior: 5 or more years of experience
- Ability to assess competing priorities, manage workflow and meet operational deadlines
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong written, and verbal interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and coordination skills for building effective relationships
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
• Strong knowledge of Oracle Essbase, Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) or Oracle OBIEE
• Experience in Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Cloud applications including Planning and Strategic Modeling (formerly PBCS/EPBCS)
• Able to design and document business process mappings
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Strong experience with data and database principles
• Experience working with clinical healthcare data
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products; demonstrated use of the advanced features of the Office suite
• Reasonable experience in effectively communicating complex technical concepts and information to a wide range of users
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The mission of Michigan Medicine is to improve the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Michigan Medicine ranks as one of the top academic health centers in the country, and is committed to providing exceptional patient care, facilitating groundbreaking research and developing the next generation of physicians and scientists. Michigan Medicine consists of the University of Michigan Hospitals, the University of Michigan Medical School and its Medical Group, Michigan Health Corporation, and affiliated health systems. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine Finance serves as the central finance group for the organization and is comprised of five functional areas: Clinical Financial Planning & Analysis, Enterprise Financial Reporting, Reimbursement, Medical School Finance, and Financial Systems.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.