Maintain an up-to-date and organized Home Care medical record system.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Accurately image or file all daily paperwork in active patient charts
- Audit inactive patient records for completeness
- Perform routine file maintenance
- Accurately complete Release of Information when requested
- Provide Receptionist / Front Desk duties
- Ability to triage and direct Home Health and Home Infusion questions
- Assist with the collection of workload data
- ?Schedule work to support patient activities
- Management of documentation to assure all necessary information has been obtained to provide service.
- Serve as a resource for clinical and other staff, patients, and outside third parties for insurance authorizations and other managed care related issues.
- Respond to inquiries related to documentation requirements of insurance plans to address coverage issues
- Assist patients with payment questions on the phone or in person
- Ensure completeness of documentation according to procedural standards.
- Participate in creating efficient documentation workflow by coordinating with clinical and other st
- Proficiently use department sourced technology to execute assigned tasks.
Other Related Duties:
- Complies with all University of Michigan and departmental standards and expectations.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a labor resource for daily operations as needed and/or assigned
- Matintain competency and proficiency in performing all daily operation work tasks.
- Demonstrates accuracy and efficiency in all patient services tasks.
- Provide receptionist coverage using Aspect phone system.
- Accurately file paperwork in patients electronic/paper record in timely manner.
- Complete Release of information request.
- Scan and index patient documents into OnBase imaging software.
- Transfer and update patient records as status changes.
- Perform routine file maintenance
- Create, deliever and retrieve patient records
- Maintain and protect sensitive private patient information by keeping confidential in accordance with HIPPA regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
Assistant Level: Requires 0-2 years of experience
Associate Level: Requires 2-3 years of experience
The employee will be able to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. This position requires knowledge and proficient use of computers and various computer applications. These duties require fine motor coordination/dexterity, the ability to grasp, vision with or without corrective aids adequate for fine motor tasks and computer skills. The position requires the employee to have the ability to sit for long periods of time. The job requires the physical demands of occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, pushing, walking, going up and down stairs, etc., with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.
- Experience working in a home care environment
- Experience in documentation management
- Experience using the Aspect phone system
Eight hour shifts between 7am-7pm Monday-Friday and rotating Saturday and Holidays.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.