The Business Intelligence Analyst Senior will be responsible for planning and implementing reporting and BI tools from the new institutional supply chain system (PeopleSoft and SYFT), first in the Operating Rooms, then in CPU and IR. This includes current and future state reporting and data extract analyses, go-live planning, system troubleshooting and future reporting/BI needs.
- Conceptualize and develop cross-functional client/unit strategic objectives, business processes, and initiatives that drive or increase organizational value.
- Manage and administer the design and development of data structures and data extracts to support comprehensive data collection, loading, and extraction for complex analyses.
- Participate in strategic assessments to identify current/emerging business issues/problems and contribute to defining high impact business intelligence solutions with a focus on the quantitative methods, modeling and analytical techniques.
- Lead and guide business process improvement discussions leading to advice on potential problem resolutions including gathering the support and resources for BI initiatives.
- Develop and present reports and definitions, graphs, dashboards and portal interfaces appropriate for audience.
- Assist in identifying and leading change management processes for new/improved business processes/BI tools and resources.
- Manage cross functional unit projects and/or teams which include project planning, task management, status reporting, etc.
- Support go-lives.
Customers include but are not limited to:
- OR supply chain staff and clinical staff (nurses and surgeons)
- CPU supply chain and clinical staff (nurses and proceduralists)
- Peds EP/Cath supply chain and clinical staff (nurses and proceduralists)
- INU supply chain and clinical staff (nurses and proceduralists)
- IR supply chain and clinical staff (nurses and proceduralists)
- Business and finance administrators
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (leading meetings, aligning goals, etc.)
- Exceptional time management skills
- Proven knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of a BI tool (Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.)
- Master’s degree
- Healthcare experience
- Programming experience (C# or Java)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.