Provide monitoring and reconciliation of sponsored research projects using MPathways, Business Objects, and other reporting tools
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
* Manage financial aspects of three T32s, including monthly reconciliation, annual FSR & UG reports and submitting shortfall funding requests to Rackham and Medical School. Provide assistance and information to T32 administrative personnel as needed.
* Manage all aspects of sub-contracts provided to Physiology faculty, including new SOWs, budgets, monitoring progress, contacting PTE for amendments
* Monitor sponsored project portfolio for 7-10 faculty (60-80 project grants), including monthly reconciliation, annual FSR & UG reports, budget allocations, taking corrective action (Journal entries, PARs, contacting suppliers), disseminate reports to faculty, quarterly meetings with faculty, review of terms and conditions for new awards, establish sub-accounts,
* Meet regularly with faculty to discuss sponsored project portfolio
* Interact with ORSP, Sponsored Programs and the Sponsor as well as the SSC, and members of the post-award team.
* Attend/participate in departmental/school/college and University opportunities such as RAN, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, complete tasks in a timely manner and work with multiple competing deadlines
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills
- 5+ experience in research administration
- 3+ experience in research administration
- M-Pathways, M-Reports, eRAM, eRPM exposure
- Business Objects
This is a full-time 40 hours/week position. Initial hours may be 8-5 or 9-6 until employee has been trained. Remote/Onsite work has not been determined yet by Department or Supervisor.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.