The Radiology Customer Service team is actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for patients, families and employees. The Patient Services Associate provides clerical support in the Radiology Customer Service Center and reading rooms, while providing excellent customer service to radiologists, technologists, providers, and patients.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
- Provide prompt and courteous assistance to the Radiologists and all internal and external customers, following the Radiology Gold Service standards.
- Work closely with Technologists, Clerical Staff, and Radiologists to coordinate and facilitate timely availability of images for interpretation and communication of results to referring physicians and departments across the health system.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements in processes and procedures.
- Responsible for follow through and closure of patient care related requests.
- Communicate with technical support teams to report issues and correct reporting and study errors.
- Upload outside exams into Radiology systems.
- Process requests to send radiology records to patients and outside hospitals.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as word processing, answering phone calls, emails, and pages, and preparing paperwork as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent attendance
- 2-3 years of experience
- Experience with MiChart/Epic
- Knowledge of health system policies and procedures
There are currently two open positions. Days and hours are variable and will be determined at hiring.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.