Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
The Taubman Neurology Clinic is seeking a full-time LPN. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist with telephone management, medication refills, provider support for clinic visits and assist with electronic health record.
This position would also perform the following, but not limited to;
- Post-operative telephone checks
- Requesting and managing surgical clearance requests
- Calling patients with stable results
- FMLA paperwork
- Prior authorization
- Pre-operative angiogram calls
- Functioning as a key member of the multidisciplinary team
Expectations of the position include:
Expectations of the position include:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Competence in keyboarding and computer literacy.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Current licensure as LPN in the State of Michigan.
Graduate from an approved school for practical nursing.
Experience: 1 year (within the last 4 years) of Ambulatory Care experience
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Ambulatory Care experience
Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Knowledge of MiChart, Microsoft Office & Outlook.
The Success Patterns for this position are:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly
• Knowledge of and/or ability to learn to work as part of a team-oriented environment
• Knowledge of and/or ability to solve problems
• Strong attention to detail & accuracy
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
• High enthusiasm and energy
• Willing to go the extra mile in all aspects of the job
• Respect for people, and hard work
• Willingness to learn, challenge, and better yourself
• Flexible, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Hours per week: 40 hrs
Shift/ Days/ Hours: Monday - Friday;Specific hours to be determined upon hire
Location: Taubman Center Neurosurgery Clinic
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.