Provides general clerical support in a patient care environment. Arrange and coordinate support and ancillary services for patient care. Provide exemplary customer service to patients by facilitating business process including appointment scheduling, check-in and check-out, pre-arrival, and telephone triage. Facilitate communication, service, and support to the following: patients, referring physicians, and Michigan Congenital Heart Center staff and faculty.
- Greet and obtain required information from patient at time of arrival
- Arrive patients in Cadence. Communicate EKG and Echo only arrivals.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls to appropriate area
- Schedule, reschedule and cancel appointments
- Schedule consults in a timely manner
- Manage the recall list
- Process clinic paperwork
- Process “No Show” patients
- Scan outside records or general consent into MiChart
- Prepare appointment reminders
- Communicate with billing department about add-on appointments, registration, referrals and authorizations
- Assist billing with the addition of modifiers for fellows and nurse practitioners in Cadence
- Collect co-pays, balances and office visit charges from patients
- Use the current imaging process for returning medical documentation to the HIM department
- Daily cash reconciliation
- Track and distribute incoming faxes
- Participate in the development of clinical goals and objectives by observing and recommending new or revised policies, procedures or methods
- Help to keep patients and families comfortable in our waiting area. Be aware of delays and keep families informed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 0 -2 years of experience.
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent service recovery skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, accountability and follow through abilities.
- Flexible and able to switch work to meet the needs of the clinic while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to take direction while successfully managing the clinic needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive image and attitude when interacting patients, faculty, and staff.
- Proficient in MiChart.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to work.
- Experience working in a medical setting: patient scheduling/rescheduling, check-in/check-out
Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 4:30PM
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.