- Generous PTO program
- Tremendous team support
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skill demonstrated by current position.
- Involvement of process improvement as described in current position.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in commitment and compliance to the UMHS policies and procedures.
- Strong accountability and follow through with clinic judgment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant Program OR combination of education and 0-1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- 1-3 years of experience
- 0-1 years of experience
- Oncology experience
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant
- Experience working within a large, complex, healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic health record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
25 hours per week with the potential to go 40 hours.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.