Job Description: Office of TRIO Programs SSS Tutor / Mentor students by assessing needs and developing a course of action, academic counseling, financial aid consultation, goal/motivation guidance, presentation preparation and delivery, public speaking, assist with career exploration, recruit and track students, promotion of services, telephone conferencing. Accurate, complete, and timely documentation/case notes and data entry are mandatory. Confidentiality and sensitivity are required. Additionally, successful candidate will work with a variety of students from diverse backgrounds and have a working knowledge of campus and community resources. Other duties as assigned.
Starting pay is $12.00 / hour
• Academic Counseling
• Financial Aid Consultation
• Goal Setting
• Workshops: Time Management, Note Taking, Budgeting, Study Skills, Structured Study Schedules, etc.
• Career Exploration
• Knowledge of Campus and Community Resources
• Accurate, complete, and Timely documentation/Case Notes, and Data Entry are MANDATORY
• Confidentiality and Sensitivity are required
• Contact assigned mentees and scheduling mutually convenient mentoring sessions
• Notify mentees as soon as possible if scheduled meetings must be cancelled or changed
• Arrive punctually at scheduled work times
• Provide encouragement to students to help improve academic performance
• Check email and voicemail regularly and respond to mentees in a timely manner • Communicate regularly with
the Academic Counselor about mentees’ progress
• Demonstrate understanding and acceptance of student diversity
• Follow the highest standard of ethical conduct as outlined in the MSUB General Bulletin
Qualifications: A successful candidate will work with a variety of students from diverse backgrounds. Work – study eligibility is preferred.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.