How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration of this position. The cover letter should summarize why you believe you are the right person for this job, your strengths and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the responsibilities of this job.
The Department of Communication is seeking a Web Content Administrator. This position is responsible for developing and providing content that will motivate and entertain users so that they regularly access our website and utilize it as a major source of information and decision-making. This important role is also responsible for the managing and performing website editorial activities including gathering and researching information that enhances the value of the site. The successful candidate will locate, negotiate and pursue content and will seek out customers to gather feedback for website improvement and enhancements. This position will report to the Director of Digital Strategy.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Responsible for developing and providing content that will motivate and entertain users so that they regularly access the website(s) and utilize it as a major source for information and decision-making.
- Responsible for managing and performing website editorial activities including gathering and researching information that enhances the value of the site.
- Locates, negotiates, and pursues content. Seeks out customers to gather feedback for website improvement and enhancements.
- Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Experience in production management, web page design, web writing, SEO
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Works with key stakeholders to identify and create web content and messages that further organizational objectives
- Must be comfortable in a multi-layered organization with complex reporting relationships
- Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline and handle several projects at once
- Ability to take both direction and initiative
- Skilled multi-tasker, excellent listener, and extremely organized
The salary for this position will be based upon the selected candidates education and experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.