The LIITAH program will deliver individually and culturally tailored messaging to adolescents encouraging them to make healthy food choices via a smartphone app. Under general direction of the faculty the Research Assistant will engage in recruitment and enrollment of participants, in addition to managing administrative and compliance related aspects of the project. S/he will assist with the operations of communications platforms used in the project, review the backend data on the mobile application dashboard, interact with study participants on the application and assist with linking pictures with menu data to calculate caloric intake. In addition, s/he will engage in data entry, and other general assistance to support the project goals.
- Oversee the IRB, OnCore, and other compliance-related aspects of the project
- Develop enrollment and recruitment protocols
- Engage, recruit and enroll study participants
- Assist with message development and tailoring
- Translate content
- Collect and review data
- Data entry
- Other duties as assigned by Principal Investigator in line with project goals
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences
- Prior research experience in health behavior change in diverse populations
- Extensive experience working with diverse populations
- Technical aptitude and comfort with new and emerging technologies
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent attendance, ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, manage deadlines without undue stress and exercise good judgment
- Master’s degree with a health related focus
- Prior experience in mobile interventions
- Familiar with the PiLR technology platform
- Spanish speaking proficiency
300 North Ingalls St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.