We are actively seeking a Medical Assistant who is compassionate, enthusiastic and patient orientated. This individual will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families as well as our employees.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Primary responsibilities include providing exceptional customer service to patients and families with direct clinic management to result in efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel at both written and verbal communication as well as information gathering. Additionally, other responsibilities: medication review, vital signs, in-basket message review and response related to medication prior authorization requests, sterilization/cleaning of equipment, stocking rooms and overall maintenance of patient care area. Selected candidate will provide information to patients as directed, manage time appropriately, as well as some or all administrative duties. Mentor, orientate, and support new staff and assist with on-the-job training.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, telephone etiquette along with having a history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Experience with in an Ambulatory Care setting,
- Experience with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
40 hours Monday-Friday.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.