Collects and manages patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects. Screens and has oversight for the recruitment of subjects, under the supervision of management. Will help with scheduling of experiments and the collection, processing and analysis of data. Assist in completing all patient research data with management; prepare appropriate reports for investigators and/or sponsors including maintaining and completing the supplied case report forms. Manage and coordinate data related to patient participation in studies, work flow as needed by multiple studies. Coordinate recruitment of patients and consent patients for each study. Work with clinic staff to procure specimens. Once research forms are collected, enter in research and clinical information into the internal database in a timely manner.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Manage and coordinate: email physicians and clinics when prospective patients are coming in for appointments. Have all necessary study documents available and ready for physicians.
- Recruitment of patients: Go through physician schedule and create study folders for each eligible research patient. Have pertinent research case report forms and medical records in each folder.
- Data Entry: Enter completed research forms and clinical data into the internal urology database.
- Scan documents to MiChart and proper Urology drives
- PEERRS: complete PEERRS training as needed.
- High school diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving ability, as well as ability to work under pressure, re-prioritize tasks independently, and meet deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and attention to detail with strong follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Strong passion for ideas, learning, and knowledge and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Knowledge of University and UMHS Policies and Procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.