How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Management of pre-arrival functions to assure all necessary information has been obtained for clinic visits.
- Receive and assist patients, visitors, and staff.
- Serve as a resource for physicians, other staff, patients, referring physicians, Mott OR scheduling (backup role), outside third parties for insurance authorizations and other managed care related issues.
- Maintain supplies in department and general office functions i.e., fax server monitoring, POC scanning, copy and image documents.
- Respond to patient inquiries related to special requirements of insurance plans, directing patient to insurance carrier as needed to address coverage and benefit questions.
- Assist patients with payment questions on the phone or in person.
- Collect payments, co-pays and past due balances at patient check out using established department guidelines and internal controls.
- Accurately and efficiently schedule patient appointments utilizing Cadence specific to Cosmetic Dermatology and Laser workflow.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections and credit card transactions daily according to specified clinic standards.
- Ensure completeness of visit information including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic codes for processing professional and facility charges.
- Participate in creating efficient patient flow coordinating with supervisor, other CDLC staff and faculty.
- Maintain up to date and detailed scheduling requirements for provider templates.
- Review referral work queues and in-Basket messages.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in customer service setting
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, dependability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others
- Ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment and possess strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative, ability to prioritize, and ability to accept direction
- Ability to utilize proper grammar
- Excellent attendance record
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence, EpicCare).
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Experience scheduling appointments
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare system
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.