The Assistant in Research will work with the staff of the Office of Economic Development and the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Center to visualize and map demographic, environmental, economic and business research.
- Assist with maintenance and creation of databases
- Data collection for a 7-county region known as the I-69 Thumb Region of Michigan
- Creation and editing of shapefiles
- Creation and editing of maps for distribution online and in print
- Successful completion of GIS I
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently and take direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of economics and business concepts
- Interest on economic and business research
- Desktop/laptop for remote work
Multiple positions available; UM-Flint students from all academic majors are welcome to apply.
Flexible hours with class schedule.
This is a grant funded position.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.