How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide outstanding customer service in a busy, fast-paced office setting. Greet patients and complete the check-in process verifying demographic and insurance information. Schedule new and return patient visits determining appropriate provider based on specific standards. Collect payments from patients and provide receipt of payment. Work within an electronic medical record to complete clerical tasks. Use various scheduling work queues to schedule patients. Make outgoing calls to patients for scheduling or rescheduling appointments.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- High school diploma or GED and 0-2 years of related experience.
- Proven customer service experience is required.
- Ability to greet patients with a warm friendly smile and make them feel welcome.
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work well as part of a team through proven interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must exhibit professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Keyboard and basic computer skills required.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is a must.
- Previous experience in a fast paced medical office setting is desired.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling systems, basic computer applications, and multi-phone lines is desired.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
- Bachelors degree is desired.
40 Hours per week- hours vary. Clinic Hours are 7:30am-5:30pm.
Von Voigtlander Womens Clinic, 9th Floor Reception B
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.