Why Join the Department of Social Work and VVWH teams?
As a member of this team, you will play a vital role in providing specialized support and direct patient care for patients with complex medical and/or psychosocial needs. It involves partnering with multi-disciplinary teams to provide collaborative care and planning for challenging psychosocial care needs.
This position will provide clinical social work services to patients and families of Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Outpatient Clinics, Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment Center, as well as the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit and Triage Unit.
The Department of Social Work strives to foster an environment of respect, diversity, and inclusion; a place where every person feels valued and can thrive.
What Perks and Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Financial support for continuing education and certifications
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Bio-psychosocial assessments
- Patient advocacy
- Family support and counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Safety planning
- Grief counseling
- Referrals to community resources
- Case management services
- A Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- A current license to practice social work in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience with medical social work.
- Skilled in developing rapport and effectively communicating with a diverse patient population.
- Efficient, accurate assessment of patient needs and effective case dispositions.
- Effective organizational skills, flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, sound decision-making is necessary for success in this position.
- Effective collaboration with a large multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in keeping accurate and timely clinical records by computer.
This is a 40 hour/week position. The typical schedule will fall between Monday-Friday with start and end times 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00.
Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital 1540 E. Hospital Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior Classification.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.