Assist Physics Faculty with their research projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Performing experimental measurements in consulting with the Principal Investigator/Supervisor
- Performing statistical data analysis
- Preparing detailed written reports for scientific journals
- Maintaining laboratory equipment in good working condition
- Current or recently graduated UM-Flint undergraduate student
- Successful completion of, or current enrollment for, sufficient academic work in discipline(s) applicable to the position, i.e., math, physics, computer science, and/or engineering coursework necessary to carry out the job duties
- Specific skill set based on the scope of the project. Some examples include the ability to create charts in Excel, computer programming skills, ability to prepare and edit reports, book chapters and other documents, ability to review existing theories and models, perform experiments while adhering to lab safety protocols required by Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) and the primary investigator (PI).
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, pay close attention to detail, follow through with tasks, and work as part of a team of professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality
Work schedule is to be determined and will occur between Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
Work will be completed on the UM-Flint campus.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.