The Northville Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility comprised of clinical and diagnostic services, dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility is located at the corner of 7 Mile and Haggerty in Northville Township. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care under the direction of the RN and/or provider supporting Children & Women's - Pediatrics & OBGYN. Provide exceptional customer service for both pediatric and adult patients by performing direct patient care including: assisting and administering immunizations, test and procedures, patient instruction, patient flow, administer and document injections/medications according to standards, prescription refills, preparing exam rooms, maintenance dose allergy injections, and IV infusion. Must be able to interpret diagnostic test instructions, assist with procedures, and obtain diagnostic results from clinical information system. Assist with patient calls as delegated by physicians or nursing staff. Manage high volume prescription renewals and authorizations following the established protocols.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as LPN in the State of Michigan.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Practical Nursing.
- Candidate must be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong organization and prioritization skill; ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment; and have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- The selected individual must also have excellent attendance.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. Must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and have a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
- Experience within an ambulatory setting and allergy expereince
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Hours per week: 40
Evenings and flexible schedule required and rotating Saturdays may be required.
Location: Northville Health Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.