What You'll Do
Temp position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive referrals for students who need on-campus Q&I housing
- Coordinate Q&I housing assignment, including contacting student via phone and email regarding quarantine & isolation housing, communicating with various campus partners in order to facilitate housing assignment and transportation, and referring student to other campus offices for on-going support and assistance
- Enter and track information into Salesforce, shared documents, and other relevant databases
- Assist with coordination of meal delivery with attention to dietary needs
- Respond to inquiries from students in quarantine/isolation regarding immediate basic needs, apartment repairs, supply, amenity, food needs, and connections to resources, etc.
- Identify and communicate concerns and trends for students in quarantine/isolation for immediate resolution.
- Communicate and coordinate Q&I housing check-in and check-out procedures and information pertinent to students’ stay in Q&I housing
- As needed, assist in on-site delivery of of supplies and meals to Q&I housing units
- Complete regular inventory of meals and supplies that are supplied by Q&I housing
- Outreach to students in Q&I housing to provide support and connect with appropriate case management/critical incident response resources
- Respond to other student needs, based upon referrals from the Contact Tracing Corps, Environment Health & Safety, and other units
- Respond to Compliance and Accountability emails (daily normal volume is 20-40 a day, high volume is 100+)
- Assist with data management projects as necessary
Skills You Have
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, communication, and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on commitment to customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to complete work in timely manner and within deadlines
- Significant experience with technology, such as spreadsheets, SharePoint, etc.
- Manage competing priorities
- Exercise discretion and professional judgement in providing supportive responses
- Perform duties and conversations with a high level of professionalism and customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years (4+) of relevant experience
Hours for the Q&I Coordination Center are:
Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Person(s) would work a combination of hours that includes Saturday and/or Sunday and some weekday evenings.
*Q&I Coordination Center hours will adjust as necessary, to be coordinated with the Contract Trace Corps and other services.
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.