How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
University of Michigan Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, MI
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to build a better world through business. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improve business and society.
About the Institute
Click here to learn more.
You will provide coordination and support for alumni programs and events, while also providing customer service to faculty, staff, students, alumni, and visitors. You will report directly to the Program Manager of Alumni Engagement at the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Lead coordination efforts for events including the Midwest Growth Capital Symposium and the Women Who Fund Forum
- Manage events by participating in organizational meetings with program manager and committee members on design, finance, and operational aspects of the program.
- Oversee the execution for above events by planning all operational and logistical aspects including development of timelines, obtaining quotes, securing and facilitating contracts and payments, vendor coordination, communicating with attendees and sponsors, and attending/hosting.
- Develop important relationships with partners at the school, campus, local, and national levels.
- Solicit and respond to feedback regarding various aspects of the events.
- Present feedback to the program manager and recommend actions for future programming and continuous improvement.
- Provide support for alumni programs including the Zell Alumni Summit, Alumni Pitch Competition, ZLI Snack Breaks, Zell Global Entrepreneurs Network, and Talk the Walk webinar series.
- Populate and maintain the alumni programs Canvas site and webpage with relevant program information and resources for alumni.
- Help bring traction to the online community forum.
- Help with content creation for e-newsletter.
- Provide guidance to all event planners and act as a resource for colleagues.
- Four year college (Bachelor's Degree) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Event planning
- Project management
- Work as a member of a team and to work independently with high efficiency and productivity
- Contribute to a positive work community by approaching work with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treat others with respect, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listen, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others.
- Customer-service oriented manner
- Contribute to our positive and inclusive work community by building trusting partnerships across the school, learning, creating impactful experiences, and working for outcomes. Approach this work with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treat others with dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listen, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, the University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off (Vacation, Holidays, Season Days)
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Flexible Work Program
- Ross Onsite Fitness Center
Salary Information: The general salary range for this position is $43,000 - $49,000. You can expect to be paid a competitive and equitable salary. Factors used to determine salary include experience for the position. You are encouraged to discuss salary questions to honor agreement and transparency throughout the recruiting process.
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven days. The job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.