How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. You may be contacted for additional screening and testing to be considered for this position.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) is looking for an Administrative Assistant Intermediate who will provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Professional Practice and the Office of Professional Practice and oversee the process of credentialing for practicing nurses within the School of Nursing Faculty Practice Plan. We ask that you have broad and comprehensive experience including the ability to perform a variety of administrative activities, and the skill and knowledge to implement organizational policies and procedures. The Administrative Assistant Intermediate will provide professional and administrative support of the daily operations in the Office of Professional Practice. You will report to the Associate Dean for Professional Practice.
- Provide administrative support to manage the general office tasks that support the operations of the Office of Professional Practice.
- Be the single contact, proactively managing the Associate Dean's calendar; schedule highly complex meetings and conference calls, organizing and prepare all relevant materials, reports, agendas and minutes.
- Perform general reception responsibilities and serve as the first resource of information to faculty, staff, and all constituencies.
- Manage travel arrangements, including air (domestic and international) and ground transportation and hotel arrangements for the Associate Dean.
- Maintain follow-up systems; ensure that deadlines are met, and materials are distributed and received. Coordinate information with other operational offices.
- Support purchasing needs for the office.
- Provide staff support for hosting, receptions, office meetings, and special events.
- Credentialing and re-credentialing practicing nurses that are UMSN faculty, distribute and maintain applications and all relevant materials. Maintain, update, and validate a database of clinical track faculty practice inclusive of percent of effort in practice and site of practice.
- Write reports and descriptions of clinical faculty practice and practice sites; coordinate the writing of the annual report.
- Assist the Associate Dean in development of practice sites and the UMSN faculty practice plan to ensure that communication between participants is clear and the faculty practice plan advisory committee meets designated functions.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of administrative work experience.
- Prior credentialing/privileging experience or experience in health care related fields is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with superior ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced to expert level in the use of Microsoft Office Products.
- Superior organizational skills are required.
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. We encourage all interested parties to apply.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.