How to Apply
Applicants will only be considered after successful completion and submission of the following:
· Completed application via the UM Careers website
· Letter of Intent
· Updated curriculum vitae
Join the Pharmacy team at Michigan Medicine! The vision of Michigan Medicine is to create the future of health care through discovery and to become the national leader in health care, health care reform, biomedical innovation and education. As part of this world-class organization, the Department of Pharmacy Services has high standards for service, education, and research. Our Department has a rich history of excellence; you have the opportunity to join a world-class team to provide exceptional patient care and advance the Mission of Michigan Medicine.
The Pharmacy Services Department is seeking an experienced business professional to support the Pharmacy Department. This position reports to the Pharmacy Manager of Analytics. This role is responsible for facilitating data-informed decision making in a large academic health system through analytics and reporting initiatives. Excellent written and verbal skills are also required.
For more information about the UMHS Department of Pharmacy Services, see our annual report at: https://www.medicine.umich.edu/dept/pharmacy/pharmacy-annual-report
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE
· Health insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Retirement plan
· Opportunities to earn continuing education credits at in-house education programs
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Oversees the creation and optimization of analytics to support data-informed decision making.
- Creates presentations, reports, and dashboards for pharmacy leadership involving detailed analysis of multiple data sources. Analyzes data sets and reports on complex customer needs.
- Maintains current analytics systems and applications; develops and implements new analytics tools and services as needed.
- Optimizes and maintains analytics reports in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or design.
- Serves as a liaison and expert resource for data availability, reporting, documentation, and other standards.
- Participates in defining analytics and business reporting needs and translating them to requirements to develop in depth analysis and reporting.
- Support prioritization efforts of competing business needs considering resource availability.
- Conducts quality assurance to ensure data integrity and validity.
- Mentors and teaches other analytics staff, provides ongoing assistance to advance projects and ensure optimal techniques are employed.
- Other analysis and duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager of Analytics and/or the Pharmacy Director of Quality, Regulatory, Safety, and Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years of related experience.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects with competing priorities with organizational skills and flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents and apply a high degree of analytical, interpretive and evaluative skills dealing with complex concepts, projects, etc.
- Demonstrated experience using SQL and data visualization to derive insights and provide advanced analytics support with cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work well with teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Advanced degree in Analytics, Public Health, Health Administration, Business, or Data Science.
Depth of experience and proven track record creating and promoting analytics-based decision making within healthcare organizations.
Epic Clarity Clinical Data Model Proficiency or Certification.
Demonstrated experience with Tableau, Python, and Informatica.
Experience creating advanced algorithms, including predictive modeling.
Experience and credibility interacting with all levels of leadership.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position will report to the Pharmacy Manager of Pharmacy Analytics.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.