*Pleaes include a cover letter that expresses your interest in this position. Include your cover letter and resume as one page when uploading.
The DEI Program Assistant/Coordinator will support the DEI Program Manager with various programming and initiatives. They will coordinate logistics for DEI events and meetings, assist in evaluating DEI programming, and offer administrative support to the office.
- In collaboration with the DEI Program Manager, coordinate SMTD DEI-related programming that include topics such as anti-racism and bias mitigation in the performing arts.
- Support the DEI Program Manager in developing and implementing DEI initiatives for students across the School, and particularly for the DEI Student Ambassadors
- Support the DEI Program Manager in the coordination of the DEI Student Advisory Board and Action Teams
- Coordinate logistical elements of event planning including room reservations/Zoom coordination, guest travel and accommodations, and vendor contract development.
- Partner with SMTD departments and other campus units as appropriate.
- Assist with the development and management of a robust marketing and promotional plan for DEI-related efforts in conjunction with the SMTD Marketing and Communications Team.
- Advise/supervise student Programming Assistant(s) and actively partner with SMTD departments/units and campus partners.
- Evaluate DEI Programming and assist DEI Program Manager in evaluation of previous DEI Strategic Plans
Understanding of DEI on college campuses
Experience coordinating events
Experience evaluating programs
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of identities (both personal and social identities), cultures, backgrounds, ideologies with a commitment towards inclusion.
Strong administrative and organizational skills
- ?Facilitation experience
Experience with DEI advisory groups and/or affinity groups
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.