Seeking a Research Area Specialist Intermediate to join the team of Dr. Lisa Prosser at the Susan B. Meister Child Health Evaluation and Research Center, Department of Pediatrics. The research area specialist will have the opportunity to provide research support on projects focusing on a wide variety of policy-relevant topics, such as Covid-19, vaccinations, newborn screening, and emotional well-being. Research studies focus on economic evaluation, public preference valuation, and health policy analysis.
Duties include conducting literature reviews, preparing tables and figures, assisting with presentations and manuscripts, basic statistical analyses, and assisting with the development of decision analytic models. This position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in continuing their research career in a collaborative environment as well as students interested in furthering their research experience during a gap year.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist with writing and editing of manuscripts, reports, and presentations
- Assist with the development of decision analytic models
- Other duties as assigned by Principal Investigators
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-5 years of experience in a related field
Proficiency in conducting literature reviews in PubMed and other similar databases
Proficiency in the use of EndNote, MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Ability to work both independently and as a team member
Strong attention to detail
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent attendance, ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, manage deadlines without undue stress and exercise good judgment
- Knowledge of economic evaluation, cost-effectiveness analysis, or related quantitative methods
- Experience programming for decision analysis models using TreeAge Pro, advanced Excel, or other relevant software suitable for decision analytic models
- Master’s degree in public health or equivalent work experience
- Prior research or internship experience in health, health care, health policy, or health law
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.