How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Who We Are
Michigan law, one of the oldest law schools in the nation, was founded in in 1859 and enjoys a reputation for academic excellence characterized by powerful commitment to access and diversity. Michigan is consistently ranked among the top ten law schools in the nation, and enjoys international renown for its academic rigor, stunning physical surroundings, the faculty’s preeminent scholarship, and an academic community noted for collegiality and warmth. Supported by remarkable facilities, preeminent faculty-scholars, and unparalleled architecture and physical environment, Michigan Law has a total of approximately 1000 students and 98 full-time faculty members.
Michigan Law seeks an experienced senior content strategist/manager to develop and implement multi-channel content strategies, develop and implement marketing technology and operations strategies; develop and implement communications and collateral material strategies, including preparing and managing all communications material; and lead communications support for administrative departments. The senior content strategist/manager must be a highly creative leader with a background that translates to higher education and legal industry storytelling.
- Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy.
- Prepare and manage all communications material.
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Lead and motivate staff to produce high-level, brand-driven content
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio, and print content.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions.
- Written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Analytical skills to solve problems and find the best way to convey a message
- The creativity to produce exciting and interesting content
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline or in a fast-paced environment
- The technological ability to work on a variety of digital platforms and also create web and mobile content
Basic necessary traits for senior content strategist/manager:
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Working knowledge of content management systems, HTML coding, and digital graphics production
- Experience with search engine marketing
- Impeccable copywriting and copy editing abilities
- Strong leadership track record
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, or Marketing
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in the legal or higher education fields.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.