The College of Education, Health, and Human Services is seeking an energetic and organized CEHHS Student Success Specialist. This positions involves a high degree of flexibility, requiring the ability to work proactively in a dynamic environment with accuracy and efficiency. In addition, this role requires the initiative to be highly responsive to inquiries and to track actions and follow up. Candidates must have the ability to maintain a positive attitude under the pressure of deadlines and manage and prioritize competing tasks. This position requires excellent communication and problem solving skills, high standards for quality customer service, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
This position administratively supports the College of Education, Health, and Human Services. This position will provide student support as it relates to program inquiries, record keeping, and registration.
- Provide high quality customer service assistance to former, current, and prospective students.
- Greet customers at the front desk to ensure guests are being helped immediately upon entering the office.
- Provide assistance to and/or collaboration with faculty and staff in the College of Education, Health, and Human Services.
- Process and maintain student paperwork and records.
- Collaborate with other campus colleges, offices, and external CEHHS partners (e.g. pre-req overrides, registration barriers).
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries regarding matters such as admission, advising, paperwork procedures, course registration, and graduation regarding all CEHHS programs.
- Utilize Salesforce to schedule advising appointments and manage student cases.
- Process new student files received from Office of Admissions/Graduate Admissions and develop and send welcome/admission letters.
- Process student record requests including:
- Change of Degree/Concentration Forms
- Readmission Forms
- Independent Study Contracts
- Incomplete Contracts
- Supplementary Grade Reports
- Transcript Corrections
- Add/Drop Forms
- Withdrawal Forms
- Certificate Verification Forms
- Generate Dean’s List, Dean’s List letters, and Degree Lists at end of each term, retire files and prepare for imaging.
- Run semesterly reports for pre-requisite and repeat checking.
- Provide recruiting support by representing CEHHS at the annual Open Houses and other outreach events for prospective students and their families.
- Support enrollment efforts by making phone calls to active but not registered students at the beginning of each semester.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in roles that require record keeping and customer service.
- Must be detail-oriented and flexible to changes in priorities.
- Must demonstrate an ability to think critically and work as part of a team.
- High School Diploma
- Familiarity with Banner, Webfocus, Degreeworks, Perceptive Content, and Salesforce.
- Associates Degree or higher
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.