The Enrollment Management Division is seeking an experienced Web Content Specialist to serve as project manager responsible for the planning, organization, content and layout of websites. The successful candidate will work directly with partners to determine project scope and specifications and will coordinate the creation of websites. This position is responsible for developing content that will motivate and enhance the user experience so that they regularly access our website and utilize it as a major source of information and decision-making. This important role is also responsible for the managing and performing website editorial activities including gathering and researching information that enhances the value of the site. The successful candidate will locate, negotiate and pursue content and will seek out students and staff to gather feedback for website improvement and enhancements. This position will report to the Director, EM Strategic Communications & Events.
- Work with the Director and other stakeholders to maintain and strategize on page layout and content for all Enrollment Management website areas
- Serve as the content ambassador for Enrollment Management who is responsible for maintaining and updating all areas of the Enrollment Management website on the University’s content management system (CMS).
- Serve as a liaison between the Web Strategy and Service team and the content editors across Enrollment Management units to coach and provide guidance on using the University’s content management system (CMS), and to share and learn web best practices.
- Reviews existing pages and builds new ones, optimizing content and layout for the web using an existing suite of web components.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and administrator for any of the web pages that fall under Enrollment Management and coordinate regularly scheduled reviews of site content
- Provide support as needed with maintaining content on the Salesforce portal pages and creating Admissions related events on the Salesforce platform.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing department to provide support in developing strategic messaging and new content to increase enrollment, retention and support the University's strategic goals and mission.
- Participate in user research activities scheduled by the Web Strategy and Service team, test new features or improvements to the CMS/website and provide feedback as needed.
- Work with the peers in the Communications and Events Team and External Relations to maintain an engaging social media presence.
- Works with key stakeholders to identify and create web content and messages that further organizational objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of office goals and core values.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing or related field
- At least two to three years of combined project management and web experience
- Working knowledge of and experience with web platforms, techniques, and best practices
- Experience in production management, web page design, web writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Experience working collaboratively to set goals, implement projects, and assess success
- Effective interpersonal skills with an ability to interact professionally with all audiences.
- Accustomed to the strategic use of brand awareness, marketing, and user experience, and customer service
- Must be comfortable in a multi-layered organization with complex reporting relationships
- Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline and handle several projects at once
- Ability to take both direction and initiative
- Proven experience generating client satisfaction and providing solutions
- Understanding of best practices for website accessibility per WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and overall commitment to Michigan Excellence to our office, the University, and our constituents
- Skilled multi-tasker, excellent listener, and extremely organized
- Sensitivity working with multicultural populations.
- Demonstrated success in communicating and creating in the webspace
- Working knowledge of and experience with search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, platforms, and best practice
Currently this classification is considered exempt in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Hours/Week: 40 hours/week; Shift/Hours/Days: Some weeks may vary slightly. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.