How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline experience that directly relate to this position.
The Data Manager will maintain and assess protocols and systems that ensure the collection, storage, integrity, and accessibility of data essential to programming, reporting and administrative needs of the Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI). You will report to the Associate Director and provide ongoing consultation and technical assistance for staff and offer recommendations for data collection and guidance for enhancements of data usage and solutions.
the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It's adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) at the University of Michigan leads and supports university-wide initiatives focused on the recruitment of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, while fostering an inclusive and equitable University community. Our office also engages surrounding communities in mission-focused, mutually beneficial partnerships.
In support of this overarching effort, three units within our office - the Center for Educational Outreach (CEO), Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI), and Wolverine Pathways - all work closely with ODEI to further the strategic vision of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the University of Michigan.
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Develop a database structure and organizational system to store new and previously collected data and to allow integration of complementary data-sets important to OAMI's programming
- Research and consult with program staff and U-M parties to understand program's technological needs and provide recommendations based on requirements to help create datasets
- Create a plan for future data management, recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage upgrades
- Establish data quality standards and conduct routine systems maintenance to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Work with the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (ODEI) Salesforce Administrator and other campus-based technical units to incorporate the interface of technologies and systems that support needs and system usages
- Work with ODEI and Evaluation & Assessment (E&A) for annual survey administration, and distribute annual surveys to program participants
- Provide professional development training, create data collection, and develop procedural manuals related to data and technology systems for end-users within the unit to ensure fast access to metrics
- Provide student development support for enrolled students to ensure their academic, personal and professional success
- Partner with colleagues to design success strategies for all students including best practices to reach and help students from marginalized backgrounds
- Bachelor's Degree in the technology field or or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- 2+ years experience analyzing and drawing conclusions from large datasets
- Experience with customer relationship management platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity principles
- Experience in serving underrepresented communities
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.