How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position, and provide three references with full contact information (name, phone number, e-mail address). If you are not providing a reference from your current position, please explain why. Applications without a complete cover letter will not be considered.
The Pranger ALS Clinic and University of Michigan NeuroNetwork is seeking a positive, highly motivated, organized individual with excellent communication and multi-tasking skills to join our research team as a Clinical Subjects Associate. Our research group studies the causes and risk factors of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
The Clinical Subjects Associate will work with principal investigators, clinic staff and other research team members to accurately and efficiently carry out a range of tasks associated with a variety of ALS specific research studies. The characteristic duties and responsibilities of this position may evolve over time to match changing needs and priorities.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Screen, recruit, provide informed consent, and enroll participants according to protocol for research studies.
- Schedule and coordinate participants study visits.
- Directly interact with subjects in a clinic setting including subject interviews, administering survey instruments, etc.
- Collect and record participants study-related data.
- Collect, process, label, store, and ship bio-specimens for clinical studies. May require training in venipuncture.
- Ensure all study related documentation is completed accurately with quality and in a timely fashion per study requirements.
- Complete data entry into both electronic and paper case report forms.
- Perform medical chart reviews.
- Complete Institutional Review Board applications, amendments, etc.
- Work collaboratively with team members and cross-cover for other studies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health science discipline.
• Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Confident and highly motivated with excellent multi-tasking ability and record-keeping skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong ability to work independently, exercising good judgement, with minimal supervision.
• Ability to function with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative, and effective manner.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and use new skills quickly and effectively.
• Able to maintain data confidentiality and participant/subject/patient privacy.
• Excellent attendance record and strong work ethic.
• At least 3 years’ research experience with federally-sponsored, industry-sponsored and/or investigator initiated research studies, including direct interaction with patients in a patient care setting or outpatient clinic.
• Experience using e-Research Regulatory Management system, OnCore Clinical Trial Management System, and MiChart, or comparable platforms.
• Experience with Electronic Data Entry/Capture (EDC).
• Experience using RedCap or similar data management systems.
• A working knowledge of medical terminology and assessment of laboratory values.
• Understanding of ICH-GCP guidelines, OHRP, HIPAA, and FDA regulations.
• ICH-GCP certified through CITI, HIPAA, and PEERRS training complete and up-to-date, or the ability to complete training upon hire.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.