How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Detroit Center catalyzes University of Michigan engagement in Detroit and demonstrates the University’s commitment to the city. The Center is a gateway for University and urban communities to mutually enrich each other through service, education, research, and cultural exchange.
The Office Assistant is responsible for supporting a warm and welcoming environment for visitors to the Detroit Center as well as the efficient operation of services. This position will aid in the maintenance of a clean and sanitized environment by screening ResponsiBLUE compliance in visitors and preparing meeting rooms and work spaces between uses. The person in this position must demonstrate and ensure the delivery of superior customer service to conference guests, building tenants, and all users of the facility and its services.
- Serves as first contact for individuals entering the Center and receives outside visitors, directs or escorts visitors or employees to their destination
- Screens visitors using ResponsiBLUE and following U of M COVID-19 guidelines
- Maintain a secure and clean environment
- Assist the Front Desk Coordinator with inquiries received through phone, mail, and/or face-to-face contact by providing directions for and information about various services and locations within facility, as well as within the local community
- Work closely with Front Desk Coordinator to ensure proper room setup and equipment availability
- Orient individuals to the amenities and use of such in the facility
- Assist the Front Desk Coordinator in issuing parking validation
- Assist the Facilities Assistant with room setup for events and meetings when needed
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the Center’s databases
- Must be able to interact and communicate with a wide diversity of individuals
- Ability to relate effectively with people from all economic, racial, age, ethnic, and social groups
- Excellent oral communication skills; strong desire to provide appropriate help to people in need; strong customer relation skills
- Ability to use computer to complete job functions
- Duties and tasks are frequently standardized
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
This position is located in Orchestra Place within the city of Detroit.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.