Work with research faculty on the experimental characterization of graphene-Epoxy nanocomposites.
Responsibilities may include:
- Work on RCA project
- Make rapid prototyping tool for material preparation in materials testing lab
- Prepare the specimen with epoxy and graphene materials in advisor’s lab
- Perform hardness test using hardness testing machine in materials testing lab
- Perform flexural test on the Instron machine in materials testing lab
- Characterize the behavior of the material
- Make presentation on student research conference
- Participate in writing technical report for journal publication
- Must be a current UM-Flint undergraduate student.
- Must have completed or be currently registered for EGR 260 Mechanics of Deformable Solids and EGR 280 Science of Engineering Materials.
Appointment will be for the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 terms. Hours will be flexible and will not be more than 20 hours per week.
Work will be conducted on the UM-Flint campus in an engineering laboratory.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.