This position is in the Section of Plastic Surgery in the Michigan Center for Hand Outcomes and Innovative Research (MCHOIR). The team consists of nearly 30 members, including faculty, fellows, research staff, and students. MCHOIR staff perform a wide array of clinical and health services research. Primary methodologies include decision analyses, large database studies, and clinical trials.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Assist in writing clinical research grants and protocols
- Collecting and managing data for clinical research projects
- Familiarity with administrative data, statistical programming and analysis, SAS, Stata and R packages.
- Screens and has oversight for the recruitment of subjects, collects, processes and analyzes data, and manage full- and part-time research assistants.
- Assists in the reporting of results and writing manuscripts for publication.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, preferably Epidemiology, Biostatistics
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and strong writing ability are required.
- Knowledge of IRB research applications and amendments
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and citation management.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.