How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan (UM) University Health Service (UHS), a unit of Student Life, is a large ambulatory, multispecialty health clinic that serves a large and diverse student body of more than 45,000 students, as well as UM faculty and staff. UHS provides clinical services throughout its primary care and specialty clinics, as well as health and wellness education and promotion. UHS is committed to promoting and protecting the health of students and other members of the University community so that they achieve their educational and personal goals. Through our programs, services and partnerships, we foster lifelong learning in support of individuals' becoming active participants in their health and wellness.
Provide patient care support to the Optometrists at University Health Service. This includes but not limited to, pretesting of patients, contact lens dispensing and ordering and reconciling invoices and statements
- Billing ophthalmic insurance for contact lenses and vision exams
- Instruct patients on use of ophthalmic drops under direction of the Optometrist.
- Perform other ophthalmic testing such as Corneal Topography, Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT), Retinal Photography and Extended Visual Fields as directed by Optometrist
- Verify and fax/mail contact lens and glasses prescriptions
- Order general and ophthalmic office supplies
- Update and maintain educational materials
- Assist in reviewing and updating pricing for contact lenses and eye examinations
- Assist in calibrating, cleaning, and maintaining equipment and instruments
- One or more years of direct patient care experience in the Optometric/Ophthalmic field
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills
Billing ophthalmic insurance for contact lenses and vision exams
Reconcile statements and approving invoices from contact lens manufacturers and distributors
Hours/week: 40 hours per week
Shift/Hours: Regular daytime hours
Location: University Health Service, 207 Fletcher Street, Ann Arbor 48109
Individual will have to be onsite. Standards of practice for staff reporting to leadership within this job family, have the potential to include care via telehealth.
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
$46,300 - $50,000- Salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of selected candidates
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.