The Patient Services Assistant (TEMP) in the CW Mott Pediatric EEG department provides care navigation/coordination for patients with complex illnesses.
- Accurately and effeciently schedule inpatient and outpatient EEG studies in Michart
- Obtain insurance authorizations as necessary for STM EEG studies
- Communicate with EEG technicians, Pediatric Neurology providers, EEG schedulers, and hospital admitting to coordinate patient EEG studies
- Communicate with families regarding scheduled studies and changes and respond to patient inquiries
- Navigate and respond to inbasket messages to ensure good patient care and smooth clinic flow.
- Communication/Telephone Skills:
- Adheres to established telephone management principles.
- Able to efficiently navigate the electronic medical record (MiChart) to obtain information needed.
- Demonstrates good customer service telephone skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting
- Effective and professional communication
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- Experience working within a large, complex, healthcare system
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical records systems
- Knowledge of University policies & procedures
- Experience using Aspect telephone system
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
CW Mott, 12th Floor
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.