How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) Faculty Support Services is looking for a temporary Office Assistant with a positive outlook and flexible attitude to perform a combination of front desk reception and proctoring duties.
- Checks identification before testing and seats examinees for testing
- Monitors students during test sessions to ensure a secure testing environment
- Distribute and collect test materials
- Reports suspected irregularities to the testing coordinator
- Controls admission to and from the testing room
- Completes exam proctoring check-off sheet
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Arrange office furniture, occasional need for cleaning the hard surfaces
- Assist with general facilities duties including key requests, package deliveries, clearing and prepping offices for moves
- Provide general clerical support as assigned which may include data entry, labels creation, scanning documents, inventory maintenance and file organizing
Front Desk Reception:
- Greet persons entering building
- Screen for health and safety protocols, educate visitors on the building entry requirements
- Direct persons to correct destination
- Appropriately direct inquiries from students, faculty, staff and visitors
- Ensure knowledge of building activities and room schedules
- Triage facility problems
- Maintain security awareness
- Accept deliveries
- Provide general administrative and clerical support as assigned
- Tidy and maintain the reception are
Supervision is received from the Senior Director of Budget, Finance and Operational Services.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- One (1) to two (2) years of office or facilities experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Candidate must have excellent teamwork and superior communication skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums.
- Routinely move office equipment weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Must have a professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative and reliability in previous roles.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to prioritize and facilitate multiple requests for assistance.
- Ability to work with a large number of people.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UM organization, policies and procedures is preferred.
Hours: 25-40 hours per week
Shift/Hours/Days: Work hours will be determined between the hours of 8:00 a.m. -.5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; may include some occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
Salary Range: Up to $20.00 per hour
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.