How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Medical Dermatology is seeking a medical assistant / scribe. This position will be supporting multiple Dermatology clinic locations.
MA duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
- Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is followed
- Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical information
- Assists with complex procedures, requiring knowledge of varied equipment. Various tests and procedures. Perform complex specimen collections.
- Provides routine but complex instructions for patient procedures and treatments, as delegated by providers and nurses.
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule (e.g. suture removals).
- Maintain, order, and stock clinical supplies and medications.
- Provides coverage to all Dermatology clinics, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as described.
Scribe duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience (1-3 years experience for Associate level) (3-4 years experience for Intermediate level)
- High School diploma or GED
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality along with excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Effective time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Competency in computer programs, telephone etiquette, and other office procedures
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced clinic
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skill demonstrated by current position.
- Demonstrates ability in commitment and compliance to the UMHS policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Medical Terminology strongly preferred
- Computer skills and familiarity with computer applications, including EPIC and Microsoft Office
- Experience working within a large complex healthcare setting.
Work locations include Dexter Health Center, Taubman Center, and Domino's Farm.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- This position requires moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.