The Domino's Farms Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes (MEND)/ Podiatry Clinic is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, patient-oriented Medical Assistant Associate to assist in our Endocrinology Department. The Medical Assistant will provide clinical assistance by taking vital signs, performing POC testing and assisting physicians as needed. They will escort patients to exam rooms and enter medical history into the patient's chart. They will also handle a variety of administrative tasks, assiting with patient paperwork, medication requests, obtaining outside records, etc. Employees at the Domino's Farms location will also enjoy the perks of our off-site location, including free parking, an on-site cafeteria and an on-site gym.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Patient intake (e.g. documenting chief complaint, V/S, height, weight).
- Review and update MiChart as directed.
- Patient follow-up for normal and low complexity test results as directed by provider.
- Assist providers with management of point-of-care alerts for services due and perform POC testing.
- Process prescription renewals as directed by a provider or RN.
- Medication administration per delegation guidelines or order for oral meds and injections.
- Assist with tests and complex procedures.
- Order and manage clinical supplies and medications.
- Process instruments and follow sterilization process.
- Thoroughly clean exam rooms and other spaces as needed.
- Maintain current competencies and mandatory training.
- Complete in basket messages, fax requests and assist with patient paperwork.
- Assist with other patient care duties as requested.
High School Diploma or GED.
Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience at the Associate level and 0-1 years of experience at the Assistant level.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
Certification as a Medical Assistant.
Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.