How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The College of Pharmacy is looking for a Student Administration Assistant Senior to join our Pharmacy Phamily and provide responsible independent administrative support for the Assistant Dean, Director, Assistant Director, Program Managers, and activities of the Office of Experiential Education Programming team. Reporting directly to the Assistant Dean for Experiential Education.
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Tuition Support Program
- Under general direction, provide general administrative support to students, faculty and staff in an academic department or central office.
- Coordinate student services assistance that includes student records, advising, curricular issues, and experiential education.
- Resolve complex requests and issues.
- Be the initial contact for students, preceptors, faculty, adjunct faculty and others.
- Manage records and database for the Office of Experiential Education and Community Engagement.
- Create and prepare program correspondence, reports and other documents to support the Assistant Dean, Director, Assistant Director, and others within the College.
- Compile necessary appointment documents for new adjunct clinical faculty appointments, reappointment's, promotions and terminations.
- Participate in student rotation scheduling, including soliciting rotation availability from preceptors and manage ongoing rotation changes.
- Track preceptor requirements, site/rotation requirements, and rotation evaluations.
- Participate in the logistical aspects of event/program planning for the Office of Experiential Education and Community Engagement.
- Associate degree or equivalent, with more than four years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Considerable knowledge of advanced business software, computer and database applications.
- Desire to learn new information and skills.
- Experience with event/program planning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.