How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Family Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and organized person with excellent multi-tasking and record-keeping skills to join our research team. This position provides administrative support for a large-scale National Institute of Health (NIH) funded clinical trial examining the impact of delivery of healthy foods to low-income moms on pregnancy weight gain, diet, and outcomes. The characteristic duties and responsibilities of this position involve research participant interaction and management of day-to-day study activities. This individual will work with the project manager to enroll study participants, collect and manage data, and oversee day-to-day operations of the research.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Responsible for monitoring and keeping the project manager informed on daily progress of the study including recruitment, enrollment, data collection, and institutional approvals
- Conduct all necessary daily study activities including enrollment, participant interviews, data collection, ordering and distribution of supplies, and distribution on incentives
- Monitor and review survey, diet, and weight data submitted by participants throughout study participation; conduct quality checks and reach out to participants to validate data as needed
- Review participant requested grocery orders, place orders, and manage delivery of groceries to study participants
- Monitoring and responding to participant questions and concerns via text, call, or email as they arise at enrollment and throughout the study
- Assist project manager in creating study reports and making sure the study follows institutional and protocol specific requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field
- Must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, responsible, and have excellent organizational skills
- Possess initiative and willingness to learn new tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members
- Strong interpersonal skills (with adolescents as well as peers), professional demeanor, dependability, and ability to work well under pressure
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to respect and protect confidential and highly sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 1-2 years of experience with survey research and/or data management
- Prior experience in or working knowledge of the health care field
- Working knowledge of OnCore, Qualtrics, and/or data analysis software
This position may be eligible for remote and/or flexible work opportunities at the discretion of the hiring department. Flexible work agreements are reviewed annually and are subject to change dependent on the business needs of the hiring department, throughout the course of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.