How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Ensure that the content, quality, processes, and procedures for new and existing products and services meet or exceed expectations, and that our organization’s position as a leading provider of English language assessments and services is enhanced.
- Perform all levels of item reviews including expert reviews for one or more tasks and/or skills and assist or lead trainings for external and/or internal item reviewers.
- Support creation and revision of test products and related materials (test documentation, practice tests, teacher-support materials).
- Act as a lead for a language skill area (e.g. supervise/participate in training material creation, scale revision, oversee QA of examiners & rater training procedures, etc.).
- Contribute to construction of tests for all programs when necessary. Lead construction of new/revised tests.
- Other contributions commensurate with level and experience may be required (service on hiring committees, supervision of interns, contributions to research and innovation, participation in staff training, etc.).
- M.A. in field closely related to foreign language testing (e.g., TESOL, applied linguistics, language testing).
- C2-level English ability.
- Superior command of spoken and written English.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage a project team and/or freelancers.
- Training/mentoring skills with the ability to be able to give and receive critical feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic office IT products and the ability to learn additional software programs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience writing and/or reviewing items for large-scale, high-stakes language tests.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching a foreign or second language and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience operating effectively in a busy office environment.
- Teaching certification.
- Good understanding of constructs typically assessed in four-skill language tests.
- Coding, data handling and analysis skills.
- Experience in developing published curricula/educational materials/formative assessments/courseware.
- Experience with digitally-delivered educational content.
For additional information please visit our website at https://michiganassessment.org/
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.