How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Department of Otolaryngology - Hearing Rehab Center is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented individual to be a part of our front desk/scheduling team. The individual in this role is expected to assist patients in our clinic and balance other daily responsibilities in a team-based setting.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Provide excellent service to patients, providers and other internal stakeholders
- Schedule new and return patient visits
- Check in and Check out patients
- Process and compile patient paperwork
- Ensure that patient demographics, referring physician and other information is accurate and up-to-date
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines
- Confirm, notify, and remind patients of appointment and/or changes as necessary
- Assist with clinic reschedules as assigned
- Manage individual and group in-basket messages in a timely fashion and according to established process and guidelines
- Scan time sensitive patient documents into chart as needed; send non-time sensitive patient paperwork to HIM
- Complete multiple tasks independently
- Assist with other operational tasks as necessary
- Interact with all Otolaryngology providers and staff respectfully and appropriately
- Problem solve independently and as a part of your team
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to accurately record phone messages
- Perform other duties as needed
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Must be able to work in a team setting and have excellent communication skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image
Assistant Level: 0-2 years experience.
Associate Level: 2-3 years experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Previous experience working in a patient care setting
- Previous experience providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Epic/MiChart
- Knowledge of UMHS/University of Michigan policies and procedures
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.