How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Student Administrative Support
Provide information regarding curriculum, registration and related UM/Ross policies to students in all Ross degree programs. Respond to inquiries from non-Ross students, staff, and faculty. Distribute regular email communications to students regarding course registration and degree requirements.
Student Registration Processing
Assist with routine student registration processes and coordinate with various University offices. Procedures include: processing late drop/adds, independent study class creation, entering class permissions, processing term withdrawals, approving grade changes, etc.
Student Records Maintenance
Maintain record updates in M-Pathways, processing partial credit work, recording BBA Minors, maintaining records on shared documents, entering exceptions into individual students’ audits, and processing athletic certification forms.
Degree Processing for April, August, and December
Oversee all aspects of graduation certification for all Ross degree programs (BBA, MBA, MAcc, MM, MSCM).
BBA Credit Evaluation
Coordinate with the University Registrar’s Office and the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to post approved credits to student records and ensure transfer credit limits are applied appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in higher education
- Must be proficient with Excel.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, organization and an ability to concentrate and focus on multiple tasks at one time with numerous interruptions.
- Must possess professional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well under pressure with faculty, students and staff.
- Must be discreet, tactful and be able to work with sensitive material confidentially.
- Must possess demonstrated cooperation, flexibility and a teamwork attitude.
- Must be supportive of, and participate in, change initiatives to improve service, efficiencies and/or productivity.
- Experience maintaining student records at a higher education institution
- Demonstrated interest in and capability for learning new software applications.
- Experience with Business Objects query-building and data review.
- Experience with MPathways or similar student records system.
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven days. The job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.